History

The Lorain County Chapter of the AGO was organized on June 7, 1954, under the guidance of Mrs. Carlton Squire. The first organizational meeting was held at the First Methodist Church. Thirty-three new members from the area, along with five transferred members from the Cleveland and Toledo Chapters, were included in the Petition for Organization, becoming Charter Members. These founding members were from Amherst, Avon Lake, Elyria, Grafton, Lorain, Oberlin, and Wellington.

Past LCAGO Deans